Whether you’re brand new to business or established and ready to grow, B-School will challenge you to execute at your highest level. Life At Spaces takes a slightly different approach, and the coworking video session that works in a similar way to Focusmate is just one part of what Life At Spaces does. There are other aids to productivity included here, such as desktop spaces to manage your mood, ambient music to keep you focused, and a to-do list tool as well.
- Microsoft’s 2020 Work Trend Index showed that as the pandemic progressed, people discarded their broader networks and relied more on the people in their immediate social circles.
- It’s easier to make friendships with people that are in a similar situation to you, and usually, there will be someone in your workplace who started at a similar time (if not the same time) as you.
- However, there’s no need to worry – with a little effort, and you’ll be meeting interesting people and expanding your social circle in no time.
- This is a great way to meet new people and socialize, even if you can’t do it in person.
- You can share your stories or talk about your hobbies and favorite TV shows during this time to build friendships.
- If your organization has any clubs, groups, or committees, now’s the time to get involved.
This not only gives you a chance to refocus and rest your brain, but it also gives you the opportunity to get to know your colleagues on a more personal level. Overall, work friends can make your job more enjoyable and also create a more accommodating and welcoming work environment for you. You can surely make friends while working from home if you follow the tips we shared above. We hope that now you have a complete idea of https://remotemode.net/.
Initiate virtual coffees or cocktails.
The more you engage with a person, the stronger a professional relationship—and personal friendship—you can build. If you think that you cannot find enough time with your remote colleagues during how to make friends when you work from home work hours, you can think of connecting with them on social media. It can be a great way to interact socially with new people if you wonder how to make friends when working from home.
- For some, losing this social aspect can actually help separate work from home.
- It’s entirely possible that you’re spending up to five hours a day on your work’s Slack or Teams chat, but you’re feeling more disconnected than ever.
If your online team is planning a virtual coffee session or cocktail, you should better not miss it. Offices often organize virtual meetups for remote teams to improve their communication skills. You can avail the full benefit of such events by not missing them.
Reach out to new employees
Employees with a best work friend are more likely to have fun at work, be more productive, support a safe work environment, and engage others, including customers and internal partners. They’re more likely to share ideas with each other and be innovative. The data also found that when employees have a best friend at work, they are less likely to be looking for another employer, and they are more satisfied with their place of employment. Back before there were meetups popping up everywhere, most of my entrepreneurial friends were online friends. We’d somehow found each other via Twitter or Facebook and make new friends.